Internship 2021, Corporate & Institutional Clients, Direct Investments
Switzerland - Zürich
Personal & Corporate Banking
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you interested in startups and innovation? Are you interested in learning more about the Swiss startup and venture capital scene? Then we are looking for someone like that to:
- help the team in doing a first assessment / triage of the incoming potential fundraising mandates by reviewing the pitch decks, meeting the startup entrepreneurs, reviewing company documentation incl. the financial planning, etc.
- support the team in preparing the internal and external documentation required for running a fundraising process
- keep the marketing documentations regarding the Direct Investments Switzerland team up to date and liaise with client advisors on the Corporate & Institutional Clients as well as Wealth Management on potential enquiries on the team’s services
- support the team in marketing, administrative tasks ,transaction processes, reporting and controlling activities
- support the team in the sourcing of fundraising mandates, leveraging not only the bank’s but also the external networks
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be working in the Direct Investments Switzerland team in Zurich-Altstetten. Our team supports innovative startups in their fundraising efforts, not only by presenting such direct investment opportunities to professional private investors in UBS Wealth Management but also to institutional clients out of the UBS network, venture capital funds etc.. Since its inception in 2015, our team was able to place more than CHF 120m in equity or hybrid capital from investors in ca. 25 high-profile Swiss startups. including companies like On Shoes, VIU, Farmy, Ava, Bestmile and Cutiss.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree (in Business administration / economics / law) or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- good communication skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- a very autonomous, diligent and detail-oriented work style
- previous experience with private equity, venture capital or M&A
- sharp analytical and problem solving skills
- extensive past experience with MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- on-the- job Experience in Finance (specifically Corporate Finance/M&A, Private Equity, Venture Capital past internships/student job) or in a start-up environment
- fluent (proficiency level) in German and English
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: April.2021
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Corporate & Institutional Clients, Direct Investments||UBS Job Board for Graduates|