Quantitative Consultant in Risk Management - Financial Services EMEIA FSO, Zurich
In a world that’s changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our ‘North Star’ guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly lead our clients into the future.
As the only one of the Big 4 with a specialist cross-border practice dedicated to the Financial Services Sector, we offer our clients seamless, consistent and high-quality services around the globe.
Our Consulting business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
What you can expect - enriching experiences that will last a lifetime
- Consulting engagements where you will support our clients (financial institutions ranging from leading global market players to more regional focused institutions) in financial risk management related challenges ranging from the review or development of firm wide quantitative models for measuring various risks like market risk, credit risk, operational and fraud related risks to the valuation of complex derivatives incl. applying advanced analytics
- Support audit mandates where you will support our audit teams in the areas of the valuation of financial products and contracts / physical assets and validation of all kind of risk related models
- Developing your technical and social skills in particular through internal and external training opportunities incl. obtaining professional degrees like GARP ERP or FRM
What you can contribute - skills for shaping the future
- A Master of Science or PhD in a quantitative field (mathematics, physics, statistics, financial or computational engineering, econometrics)
- A strong interest in financial risk management and/or applying advanced analytical methods like machine learning in the financial risk management world
- Good knowledge of programming or DB languages like VBA, Matlab, Python SQL, R and C # (or other) allowing you to analyze data, implement quantitative algorithms and develop solutions
- Good knowledge of a development environment and experience implementing predictive models and machine learning is a plus
- Fluent in German and English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and a flexible working style within a multi-national team
Stick to your plans and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
Your ambition is as bold as ours. As part of our high-performing teams, you’ll build the tech skillsets and growth mindsets to become the leader you want to be. The leader the world needs. Harness our scale, our tech, our teams and our culture to realize your potential. Learn from the best, surround yourself with the curious, ask better questions to seek better answers. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.