Trainee, M&A Restructuring, Integration and Separation Team – Zurich, Geneva (80-100%)
Business line: Financial Advisory
Experience level: Internship
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 10-May-2021
Req #: 406
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work, to learn, to grow.
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Do you enjoy building relationships and are you a strong team player? Are you able to work effectively with people to deliver tangible outcomes? Are you thriving in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment? Do you enjoy bringing a point of view and making an impact that matters to your colleagues and our clients? Do you want to grow as a person and discover a career in M&A?
If so, our Restructuring, Integration and Separation advisory (RISA) team is looking for you!
Whether you are integrating, carving out or transforming a business, our market leading and award winning M&A RISA Team works hand-in-hand with corporate leaders and private equity investors in maximizing shareholder value, leveraging deal and restructuring best practices, applying a financial investor mindset and bringing the full sector, functional competency suite and global reach of Deloitte.
What you can expect from us
- Work with the leading operational M&A team in Switzerland and support the team in advising large corporate and private equity clients on creating value from the most complex M&A transactions by carving-out, integrating or restructuring businesses with a mostly global footprint, while setting them up for success in a post-COVID environment;
- Gain experience across the M&A deal cycle: pre-signing by conducting integration/separation and EBITDA upside due diligence, determining stand-alone cost adjustments and initial TSA scope; design post-signing the adequate target operating model and integration strategy to (over-) achieve a deal’s value potential; get the business ready for Day 1 and establish and deliver mid to long term integration and value creation roadmaps; contribute to developing tangible advice through functional perspectives in sales & marketing, supply chain, procurement, finance, working capital, legal entity structure, human resources, information technology or research and development;
- Contribute to service proposals and the development of our service offerings;
- Gain initial industry insights in life sciences, financial services and consumer and industrial products;
- Receive valuable training, coaching and mentoring from colleagues in your teams;
- Become part of a team culture that places value on pragmatic and high quality deliverables within short timescales which solve our client needs;
- Work with highly professional, like-minded and multinational colleagues from over 12 countries: engage in and manage business and practice development activities, marketing initiatives and practice development activities;
- Develop and broaden your network: work together with other expert teams and member firms of Deloitte within and outside of Switzerland.
- Excellent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university;
- First relevant work experience in a consulting firm, corporate or private equity organisation
- Evidence of working collaboratively in a team environment
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic and with high energy
- Problem-solving skills and able to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend actionable solutions;
- Able to communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing in English. German and/or French skills are strongly desired;
- Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership even at university or a traineeship.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centred, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.