Forensic Consultant in Investigations & Compliance in Financial Services
In a world that’s changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our ‘North Star’ guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly drive our clients into the future.
With our Assurance Services, we strengthen public confidence in global capital markets and promote sustainable growth. If you’re looking to develop your individual skills whilst working in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams, come join us!
Our Forensics team is a multidisciplinary group of professionals (i.e. forensic accountants, lawyers, data analysts, forensic technology and former law enforcement professionals) that develops business concepts which specifically target to create confidence and prevent or combat fraud, bribery and corruption. We assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs and help our clients better manage ethical and reputational risks.
Build your career as a Forensics team member and help our customers avoid financial loss, reputational damage and accompany our customers on their transformation journey to better assume their corporate responsibility.
What you can expect - enriching experiences that will last a lifetime
- Supporting clients in the prevention and detection of financial crime in the financial services industry
- Supporting on investigations of any type of misconduct (e.g. fraud, bribery, corruption, money laundering) or compliance projects in the financial services industry
- Supporting technology-driven approaches and leveraging data science in compliance and investigations
- Assisting in conducting interviews, technology assisted document reviews, data analysis and preparing reports
- Assisting in the development and implementation of guidelines as well as anti-fraud and compliance communication strategies
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, forensic technology experts, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and sometimes adversarial situations
- Supporting the preparation of client presentations, status updates and documentation materials
What you can contribute - skills for shaping the future
Degree (Bachelor or Master) in economics, business administration, accounting, finance, audit or in other related relevant fields
- Interest in working in the area Financial Crime (FinCrime), Compliance, Accounting and Finance, Anti-Money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC) Due Diligence, Transaction Monitoring and Fraud Risk Assessments
- Ideally practical experience in a similar type of work
- Good IT knowledge, a flair for figures, attention to detail and interest in understanding the legal framework of economic crimes
- Good understanding of IT systems in financial services
- Assertive and proactive approach to the execution of projects as well as the ability to network effectively within large organizations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German is required - any additional language considered as a plus
Stick to your plans and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
Your ambition is as bold as ours. As part of our high-performing teams, you’ll build the tech skillsets and growth mindsets to become the leader you want to be. The leader the world needs. Harness our scale, our tech, our teams and our culture to realize your potential. Learn from the best, surround yourself with the curious, ask better questions to seek better answers.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.