Associate Director, Epidemiology
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Associate Director, to be located in Allschwil, Switzerland. Other locations in Europe are also possible, with a preference for Allschwil or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Director will work under the supervision of more senior members of the department. The primary responsibilities of the Associate Director will be to identify research study needs, draft proposals and protocols, review study protocols and statistical analysis plans, and provide suggestions to improve them, and contribute to epidemiology strategy and study conduct across multiple therapeutic areas. In the near term, the primary focus of this role is supporting safety and evidence generation for the therapeutic areas of pulmonary hypertension and immunology.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Lead and contribute to the design of observational studies and database analysis, including authoring protocol and analysis plan
- Manage collaborations with external data sources and investigators
- Understand internal data platform use to extract appropriate data sources
- Conduct of analyses in collaboration with biostatistics
- Lead and contribute to the synthesis of evidence from literature reviews, observational database analyses and other evidence to inform medical decision-making, including authoring publications and presentations
Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in various teams to address issues raised by product teams/regulatory agencies
- Provide epidemiological consulting and support to product teams and to the different consortia that Janssen is part of, and disseminate technical information through technical reports, presentation, and publication in peer-reviewed literature as agreed by the teams
- Keep up to date with Regulatory Agencies regarding regulatory requirements for Post Authorization Safety Studies and Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies plans / Risk Management Plans
- MSc in epidemiology is required at minimum, PhD in epidemiology is preferred
- At least 4 years of Epidemiology research experience is required
- Understanding and the ability to interpret quantitative methods is required
- Strong methodological background, incl. writing observational study protocols, is required
- This position will require someone who can work in a cross functional environment
- Experience in rare disease and/or pediatric research is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Device and Diagnostics industry experience is preferred
- Project management experience is preferred
Switzerland-Allschwil– Other Locations
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Swiss Confederation) (8542)