Career Start - Swiss Franc Fixed Income Syndicate Desk #158333 Neu
Your program’s highlights
Our Career Start Program offers an ideal platform for graduates who want to experience life at the heart of the financial services industry. You start your main assignment in your business area and rotate to another department for 4-6 months so you can experience different positions, gain insight into a broad spectrum of roles, build new skills and develop crucial networks across the bank. The program offers a combination of practical experience, shadowing days, structured on- and off-the-job training, stimulating challenges and evaluation activities. You benefit from the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to an exciting junior position after your Career Start Program.
Start date: August/September, or by arrangement
Duration: 12-18 months
Academic requirements: Recently completed bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
- A challenging role within the award-winning Swiss Franc Fixed Income Syndicate desk
- Direct involvement in the desk’s market activities, including bond underwriting and trade execution, market and pricing update, as well as daily interaction with the DCM, Sales and Trading teams
- The opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into Debt Capital Markets, Primary Bond Markets and the related bank and risk processes
- Being part of a small, proactive deal-making team and able to support the Syndicate desk and the Fixed Income Chief Operating Officer (COO) in the day to day business and relevant projects
- Gaining practical experience in a field which is fast moving, critical for the real economy and only lightly covered in financial markets theory
- Getting exposure to the whole fixed income value chain as well as other internal departments and the opportunity to gain experience in dealing with external peers and clients
- Acquire knowledge of operating processes, help improve existing systems and procedures as well as provide support to the team members and the COO for various business related administrative tasks
Your future colleagues
Our team consists of five experienced professionals from various backgrounds who all share the same desire in providing best in class outcomes for our clients and stakeholders. We operate in an open-minded and flat hierarchy model and believe in empowering every member of our desk in order to foster idea generation and challenge the status-quo. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualifications and skills
Demonstrate the skills and attributes you bring to this key position within the Swiss Franc Fixed Income Syndicate department. Tell us how your experience, character and vision connect with the responsibilities required and prospects we offer. You have:
- Recently completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or university of applied sciences, ideally in Economics and/or Finance or a technical field
- Deep understanding of financial mathematics, instruments and transactions
- A highly motivated, flexible can-do attitude and are a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven reliability (communication with internal & external clients/peers)
- The ability to work under pressure and with a high level of flexibility
- A willingness to take on responsibility and work independently and to go the extra mile
- Fluent in German and English. French/Spanish/Italian advantageous
- IT literacy: Advanced skills with MS Office (Excel in particular). Programming skills advantageous (VBA in particular)
- An understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace and dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Fiona Zimmermann would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.