Student internship in Neuroimmunology (12 months) Neu
Student internship in Neuroimmunology (12 months)
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives, and we are fearless in both making decisions and taking action. We believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are looking for a highly motivated intern (Master student level) to join the Neuroimmunology Section in the Neuroscience and Rare Disease (NRD) Discovery and Translation Area (DTA) at Roche. A major focus of the Neuroimmunology drug discovery team is to better understand remyelination processes and the prerequisites of recovery in order to develop novel remyelination therapies in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and neurodegenerative disorders. The successful candidate will work under supervision of established scientists in an industry-leading Neuroscience department with an attractive portfolio of preclinical and clinical stage projects in CNS disorders. The position will be based in Basel, Switzerland. During the internship you will:
- characterise translationally relevant animals models via ex vivo readouts like histology/immunohistochemistry/gene expression data
- support established in-house in vivo model work to investigate the time course of de-/remyelination processes
- curate samples for biomarker analysis
- analyse data and present results at lab meetings
- bioinformatics processing capabilities, large scale data processing a plus
- work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Moreover, as an intern you will be a member of the Roche Interns Network that offers you chances to connect, have fun and get to know Basel. This position presents the unique opportunity to gain first-hand insight into discovery research at a leading pharmaceutical company. We expect outstanding motivation, creativity, analytical thinking and a strong dedication to productivity.
Who you are
Your career interests are in Neurobiology/Neuroscience/Immunology and you are motivated to learn new techniques to explore mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative disorders.
Moreover you are/have
- enrolled or just completed a Master’s degree student in Biology, Neuroscience, or a related scientific subject
- an interest in pre-clinical models relevant for de-/remyelination and some experience in histology/IHC, molecular biology and large-scale bioinformatics data processing and analysis
- a good command of English, German is a plus;
- able to work independently and in a team setting and in a multicultural environment.
Information about application documents and starting date:
The preferred start date of the internship is September 2021. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date of internship on your motivation letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter. Optional: Reference letters, transcripts, etc.
For non-EU/EFTA citizens: Certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory (required due to regulations).
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. For more information about opportunities for students and graduates, visit genext.roche.com If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunktion Internship
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2021/07/16
- Job-ID 202107-119439
Kontaktieren Sie uns
Ms. Rohrer Ildiko