Career Start - Junior Financial Controller #165379
Your program’s highlights
Our Career Start Program offers an ideal platform for graduates who want to experience life at the heart of the financial services industry. You start your main assignment in your business area and rotate to another department for 4-6 months so you can experience different positions, gain insight into a broad spectrum of roles, build new skills and develop crucial networks across the bank. The program offers a combination of practical experience, shadowing days, structured on- and off-the-job training, stimulating challenges and evaluation activities. You benefit from the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to an exciting junior position after your Career Start Program.
Start date: September 2021 or by arrangement
Duration: 12-18 months
Academic requirements: Recently completed bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
- Coverage and improvement of core financial topics (defining/supporting the financial plan, reporting, forecasting, budgeting etc.) and contribute to the strategic roadmap
- Active involvement in finance activities and projects of Private Banking International
- Involvement in special projects, analyse complex data and gather business insights and identify/implement improvement opportunities
- Ensure accurate and reliable financial transparency and performance steering for Senior Management
- Tracking of progress of initiatives against targets
- Ongoing improvements of existing processes
Your future colleagues
You are joining a team of two experienced and internationally minded senior controllers from various backgrounds. Given our unique background, age and gender structure the team has a variety of skillsets and a proactive can-do attitude. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualifications and skills
Demonstrate the skills and attributes you bring to this key position within the IWM Finance department. Tell us how your experience, character and vision connect with the responsibilities required and prospects we offer. You have:
- High motivation and a self-starter person with a “bring it up - sort it out” attitude
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or university of applied sciences
- Enthusiasm for finance
- Accurate, diligent and independent working style
- Strong analytical and project skills
- Open, flexible and persuasive personality with excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle challenging tasks under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Fluent in English; any other language is an advantage
- Excellent MS-Office skills (in particular Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Mr. M. Lillywhite would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.