Career Start: Trainee/ Consultant (all genders) - Forensic Core, Financial Advisory, Zurich
Business line: Financial Advisory
Experience level: Internship
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 18-Jun-2021
Req #: 6062
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2’000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Become part of one of the largest forensic advisory practices in Switzerland. Assist clients across a broad spectrum of industries by providing specialist advice relating to fraud, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and regulatory investigations.
Through your work on highly sensitive engagements you help our clients in challenging times and support them in preventing future crises.
What you can expect from us:
- Develop your career within a highly successful, collaborative and an interdisciplinary team with specialists in a number of fields, including accountants, financial crime experts, data analytics and computer technology specialists and legal advisors. Share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues across all business units.
- You will be working on high profile engagements supporting our clients in responding to internal and external investigations, regulatory enquiries and disputes
- Opportunity to apply your accounting, finance and analytical skills in solving problems
- The role is client facing and very often involves working directly with our clients including at their premises
- In addition to the operational duties, you will work closely with senior management to assist in the elaboration and the development of new business proposals
- In return for your continued success, enthusiasm and commitment we will provide you with ongoing career development including a comprehensive training program, opportunities to gain new skills and a structured career path.
What your role would look like:
You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of tasks, including:
- support in planning and designing investigation strategy
- collecting evidence through in depth analysis of financial data, review of emails and other documents
- production of summaries of relevant information
- helping to determine key areas for focus of our investigation
- leverage cutting-edge industry standard software and platforms to enhance efficiency of our work
- utilizing advanced data analysis techniques including the use of machine learning/artificial intelligence to analyse an extensive amount of information and uncover the story behind the unstructured and structured data; and
- contributing to report writing.
Who we are looking for:
- University Degree, ideally in Accounting and/or Finance, Swiss CPA qualified or part qualified is considered a plus, together with a previous accounting working experience
- You are technically minded, curious, with a keen eye for detail. You feel challenged by taking on responsibility, and you deliver quality results to demanding timescales
- Strong business acumen, integrity, analytical and conceptual skills, and ability to quickly familiarise yourself with new topics
- English and German are required. Any other additional language would be an advantage
- An excellent command of Microsoft Office tool
Become part of our fast-growing forensic practice and benefit from national and international career opportunities as well as a broad internal and external training program. Join 50 colleagues from your team in Zurich and be part of a diverse young team that all share a passion for forensic technology.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna at email@example.com
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 6062