Bioconjugation Scientist (m/f/d) – Early-Stage Process Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are expanding our process development team for Bioconjugates in Visp! Therefore, we are looking for a highly skilled organic chemist, biochemist, or scientist in a related subject with a strong interest in working in the interdisciplinary environment of chemically modified biomolecules.
In our process development team, you will be the functional lead responsible to plan, monitor and manage projects together with external customers, focusing mainly on projects in the early-stage of drug development. You will also be responsible for tracking and evaluating current trends in the field of bioconjugation technologies in order to continuously grow Lonza’s repertoire of bioconjugation methodologies.
We are looking for you if you are a great team player, have the necessary skillset, and like helping customers to facilitate their development of this promising class of highly complex biopharmaceuticals and ease the way to bring them to the patient!
- Develop scalable processes for antibody drug conjugates, non-cytotoxic modified antibodies or other bioconjugates for external customers using state-of-the-art bioconjugation technologies
- Lead process development projects mainly in the early-stage of drug development and serve as the primary on-site interface for customers
- Plan, supervise and evaluate laboratory experiments and interpret analytical data.
- Present results internally as well as externally in a clear and concise manner both in the form of presentations and reports
- Collaborate within Lonza’s multifunctional project teams, with external customers and research organizations
- Anticipate, evaluate and implement trends and innovations in the area of bioconjugation with a particular focus on robustness and scalability for Lonza’s manufacturing facilities.
- Optionally manage, develop and coach up to five lab technicians
- Master degree or PhD in life sciences, ideally with a multidisciplinary background relevant for the bioconjugation field. In case of Master degree, 3 to 4 years industry experience in a relevant area required.
- Practical experience with bioconjugation, protein modification and/or protein engineering, including knowledge in protein purification and analytical methods such as RP-HPLC/MS, SEC, HIC and/or other methods for biophysical protein characterization
- Process development experience and aptitude for emerging technologies and innovations in the field of bioconjugation, biopharmaceuticals and drug development.
- Excellent communication skills and soft skills combined with a customer focused mindset to build solid relationships
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions; agile, highly motivated and dynamic; solution-oriented
- Fluency in English and a good knowledge of German
Every day, Lonzas products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.