Internship 2021, Software Data Engineer Neu
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support, Information Technology (IT)
Global Wealth Management
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you solid as a rock when you’re juggling a lot of projects? Do you know how to talk to all kinds of different people?
What we are looking for:
- Technical and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on a research report or an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
You’ll be working in the Chief Investment Office, Digital Transformation “POT” team in Zurich. The POT team is the only centralized and the only globally focused operations team at CIO. “POT” is an acronym that stands for Process, Optimization, and Technology and in reality, the role of the POT is much broader. The team exists to tackle and help tackle the largest, most impactful Ops challenges at CIO, regardless of whether that means supporting another team at CIO to take the lead or it means solving it ourselves.
You need have completed your bachelor’s or master’s degree / at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your masters’ degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- completed your technical bachelor’s degree or have great technical work experience
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
- UX development experience
- experience in developing MicroServices/APIs (SOAP & REST)
- experience with relational databases
- experience with the agile development methodologies and test driven development
- good report-writing and documentation skills, good verbal communication skills
- strong troubleshooting ability with extensive hands-on IT support experience, both back-end and user-facing. Able to generate options and recommend solutions which are logical reasonable and realistic.
- ability to analyze existing legacy processes and provide replacement solutions
- ability to challenge the status quo and to generate new ideas and creative approaches.
- able to develop and manage clear and realistic action plans to accomplish given objectives.
Start date: October 2021
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Software Data Engineer||UBS Job Board for Graduates|