Graduate Strategy Analyst
Location: Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2022.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
This role provides you the opportunity to develop an in-depth financial and business understanding of Swiss Re and the broader insurance industry. As Strategy Analyst, you will assist our Group Strategy & Performance Management team in all products related to the development and monitoring of the Group’s strategy and the analysis and management of the financial performance. This includes:
- Foster the development of the Group Strategy
- Analyse & monitor the competitive environment of a re/insurance Group
- Assess performance & valuation of individual businesses and competitors
- Prepare financial analyses across a wide range of themes
In addition, you will support the Alternative Capital Partners team in their daily tasks including:
- Support transactions that pass reinsurance risk from Swiss Re to our business contacts
- Analyse and present our underwriting portfolio to current and potential future partners
- Contribute to Swiss Re’s hedging strategy and innovative new solutions to transfer risk to our partners
About the team
Our team as well as the Alternative Capital Partners team are part of Group Finance. We contribute to Group Finance mission to shape the strategic agenda of the Group and promote and execute smart business decisions!
We collaborate intensively with other teams within and outside Finance including Investor Relations, Business unit Strategy and Finance teams, Capital Markets, Underwriting, Client Management, Risk Management and Operations.
- Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Math, Science or equivalent
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Good financial modelling skills
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Aptitude to express yourself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
- Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and transparency at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity - diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences - at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.