Student Internship in Project & Portfolio Management (from April for 1 year) (m/f/d)
Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) is an integral part of the Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) organization and the centre of excellence for Portfolio and Project Management skills and knowledge applied to the development of molecules from Entry into Portfolio up to the end of the pivotal-enabling study.
As a member of PPM, you are a strategic partner, helping both pRED molecule project teams and governance bodies, to make the best decisions, navigate the future and bring novel therapeutics to patients. The position provides an outstanding opportunity to influence R&D from research through Phase 2, across many therapeutic areas. It requires interactions with partners from the Research, Clinical, Development Sciences, Regulatory and Commercial organizations.
- Provides high-quality analysis and documentation in order to give portfolio context for decision making using various analytical tools (e.g. for annual portfolio reviews);
- Provides input to help facilitate annual prioritization, goal setting, and business planning processes;
- Provides teams with decision analysis and strategic support to ensure alignment with portfolio priorities;
- PPM representative for the Disease Therapy Area (DTA) teams when required;
- Supports TPP development for strategic portfolio projects
- Performs project valuations (Net Present Value, Return Ratio) including sensitivity and scenario analysis to support development of business cases and decision frameworks for pRED projects
- Partners with Global Project Managers to develop understanding of Roche pipeline across all development stages
- Supports teams for timely and smooth asset transition from Early Development to Late Stage
- Perform responsibilities while living and displaying the Strategy & Portfolio attitudes and behaviors, demonstrating curiosity, analytical thinking and strategic agility.
Qualifications and Experience
You are an enrolled senior Master or MBA student in Natural Sciences who is looking for a meaningful internship in a professional environment. You are highly self-motivated, passionate about working in a multinational company and you have good self-organisation skills.
Moreover you are/have:
- Experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in cross-functional projects as well as making and giving presentations and knowledge in Oncology, Ophthalmology, Neuroscience, Immunology, or Infectious Diseases are beneficial
- Experience in using databases and spreadsheets; advanced Excel and/or Google sheets skills are needed, Tableau/Spotfire and/or coding (R/Python) experience would be an added value
- Understanding of a consulting environment using various analytic frameworks to structure and present complex business challenges
- Excellent oral communication/ presentation skills and advanced skills with Powerpoint and/or Google Slides
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a cross functional team and build cross-functional partnerships
- Proven customer service orientation, collaborative attitude and flexibility to compromise
The internship can start as soon as possible or upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred start date in your cover letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens have to provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer .
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunktion Internship
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2021/12/28
- Job-ID 202112-138565
Kontaktieren Sie uns