Student Internship in Knowledge Management (as soon as possible, 4-12 months)
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives, and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
Make a difference - as an intern for Information & Knowledge Management at Roche. We are looking for Knowledge Management (KM) and Computer Science (CS) enthusiasts with a keen interest in delivering and supporting advanced solutions at the interface of the Computer- and Life Sciences.
KM increases the productivity and efficiency of every one of our company’s employees. We deliver services, processes and solutions that help an organization of several thousand researchers to manage and analyze their information. During the last years we have, for example, developed state-of-the-art solutions for semantic and numerical integration, automated processes for large-scale document management, and AI based information retrieval and classification tools. All our project teams follow the agile method within a very large IT organization, but embedded in a research & development function. Our interns are part of the team - which means you share all the fun & all the pain.
Your main accountabilities will be (depending on your skills & interests):
- Support a change management team to help deliver knowledge management solutions
- Coordinate with colleagues and customers in the US and Europe to deliver complex technical solutions and drive change into the organization
- Manage projects independently, and present results to your team
- Work with operational and service professionals to support content migrations, application development, content analysis and AI/ML driven decision support
- Be part of an award-winning team (4 awards in 4 years) and learn about professional software development and support across a global organization (Java, Angular, Hadoop on HPC)
- Learn to run a support organization for in-house and commercial content systems, such as SharePoint, SolR, Discourse, Google Suite, HBase
- Develop a high level of understanding of global business and IT processes
- Produce marketing and educational material for workshops and training sessions
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multicultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
Furthermore, you are an enrolled student in a University program with focus on Computer Science, Life Science, Pharma, IT, Neuroscience or related fields and you like to think creatively and tackle problems.
What you need in your toolbox:
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, comprehensive manner - yes, you need to convince colleagues
- Independent working style, yet also in a very high performing team
- You possess organizational and administrative skills
- Experience in Java and programming language would be a plus
- Fluent in English and at least basic knowledge in German
What your application should include:
Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship on your motivation letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter both merged in one document. Optionally you could also send a proof of completed software projects (links to screencast, webpage or manual).
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Are you ready to kickstart your career? Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now. We look forward to receiving your application!
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche strives to be an equal opportunity employer!
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Tags: ROiQQ ROiMkS ROiNSC ROiPS ROiCS ROiSENG
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunktion Internship
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2022/01/12
- Job-ID 202201-101112
Kontaktieren Sie uns