Student Internship in Pharmaceutical Development for 6-12 months
CH - Basel
Posted 16 Days Ago
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is your chance to join one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech, and specialty ingredients markets. Our Drug Product Services department, provides best-in-class services for parenteral dosage forms for several drug classes including monoclonal antibodies, fusion-proteins, and other new modalities.
As an intern at Drug Product Services, you can be at the heart of it. You will use your scientific understanding, and acquired hands-on skills along with novel analytical tools to solve problems that render the drug product development process more efficient and improves the likelihood of development success.
Your key responsibilities:
You will be handling challenging problems in diverse areas in drug product development on a daily basis.
- Hands-on work in multiple laboratories preparing samples, instruments, and performing analyses
- Accurate data recording, data presentation, and maintenance of documentation
- Contribution and continuous improvement in work processes and groups
- Being an important link in the chain of our daily project work. Ensuring smooth workflows, including buffer preparation, sample preparation, sample ID management, and sample analysis.
Depending on your background, experience and interest, you will be working in one of the following Drug Product Services areas:
- Formulation Development
- Process Development
- Pharmaceutical Services
Your key requirements:
- Matriculation at a university or technical college with a background in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, biology, or alike
- A very strong team player
- Flexibility, agility, and proactivity with willingness to learn and execute complex tasks.
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for science and interest for pharmaceutical R&D
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of accuracy; ability to judge plausibility of results
- Lab work experience is a plus
Analytical instrument knowledge is a plus
For Non-EU/ Non-EFTA citizens matriculated in a Swiss university /
Swiss technical college:
Due to Swiss regulations, you must submit a certificate issued by your university, stating that an Internship is mandatory for your studies. Without this document, an application cannot be considered.
- Candidates with a PhD (or equivalent) cannot be considered for this position.
Targeted starting date for the internship: 1 September 2023
Interview time frame between 19 June - 14 July 2023
Application Deadline: 1 July 2023
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.