Risk Advisory – Trainee/Consultant, Data Privacy & Data Protection - Zurich, Basel, Geneva, Bern, Lausanne (80-100%)
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Cyber Risk Services at Deloitte
In a rapidly changing world where information is the new currency, the corresponding information security and privacy have become a board level challenge. Deloitte has the largest Cyber capability of the Big 4 in the European marketplace with over 600 Cyber Risk Specialists staffing thousands of client engagements. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge and technical expertise.
Within the Cyber team, we provide our clients a full spectrum of security and privacy services, from strategy to large-scale transformation programmes, fixing security issues and delivering tangible benefits.
Leading security and privacy experts with the right level of intellectual curiosity drive our business. You will be continuously challenged, build leadership skills and long lasting relationships with a team that respects you and is fun to work with. In addition, you can drill deep and become a specialist within an industry sector or grow as a generalist.
What you’ll do
- Support the delivery of a portfolio of data protection and data privacy related engagements across our business, working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organisation and around the globe.
- Establish credibility with current and prospective clients by demonstrating specialist knowledge of various aspects of data protection, information security and regulatory compliance.
- Provide support in guiding business and technology partners on data privacy and data protection matters and methodologies.
- Engage in projects for clients across various industries, in close collaboration with a highly motivated team and supported by our senior team members.
- Work with proposition owners to enhance our tools, methodologies and knowledge assets; create innovative new service offerings based on market needs and support to ensuring our leading market position as innovators in the cyber regulation and technology space.
What you need
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Business IT, or similar education.
- Strong interest in the entire ecosystem of information and data protection.
- Affinity to design, develop, implement and maintain information protection strategies and frameworks.
- Interest in methodologies regarding Data Loss Prevention, Digital Rights Management, Data Classification, Tokenization and encryption, data masking.
- A passion for information and cyber security beyond privacy and data protection e.g. in application protection, identity and access management, incident response, vulnerability management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to develop strong relationships.
- Initial experience in delivering work in a project-based setup.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, PMP or others indicating specialist capabilities, are a plus.
- Fluency in both English and German are required. French skills would be a plus.