Graduate Actuarial Analyst
Location: Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2022.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the Role
As Graduate Actuarial Analyst you will be working on actuarial methods to price treaty and facultative business for Property and Casualty. Our team will involve you in single risk rate reviews and updates of models.
Your main tasks are:
- Be part of our working groups specifying how loss modelling and pricing tools should be adapted and improved to respond to changing needs of the underwriters and to cover new products.
- Foster the accuracy of pricing models on a portfolio level and supply to required updates.
- Build and maintain dashboards and reports to gain actuarial and data insights.
- Assist underwriters in tool questions and bring in the requirements of the community into our tool development efforts.
- Give actuarial advice on sophisticated business.
About the Team
We are an experienced actuarial Property and Casualty team which is part of the Reinsurance Property & Casualty centre function.
We develop the methods and tools used to price the treaty and facultative Property and Casualty business.
Our team ensures the underwriters have good parameters to price the single risk business. We lead rate reviews on industry level respectively review rate schemes coming from outside Swiss Re Reinsurance.
We are the go-to team for actuarial advice and perform the risk assessment for sophisticated business.
- Successfully completed a Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or equivalent quantitative/statistical fields and/or actuarial qualifications.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture.
- Approach problems with curiosity and flexibility, you are a fast learner!
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Proficient in English spoken and written. We will consider any other major language as a plus.
- Appetite for a multifaceted role that is both highly technical and requires judgment as well as a commercial approach.
- Strong motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of relevant statistical and actuarial models. Knowledge of R, Python or any other programming languages is considered an advantage.
- Aptitude to express yourself successfully in one-on-one conversations and small groups.
- Feel comfortable to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues.
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and transparency at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity - diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences - at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.