Internship in Data Sciences Neu
Internship in Data Sciences
“The reign of data is beginning, where rapid data-driven insights and automating manual processes becomes essential” (Deloitte, 2018). As a result of this, the new field of Data Science has grown to be a crucial aspect of any business’s ability to gain meaningful insights from its data. With the recent advancements in digital technology, the variety, complexity and increasing volumes of data have offered many more opportunities for data scientists.
In the biopharmaceutical industry, each data point is part of a patient’s story and their contribution to developing better medicines and understanding disease. It is our responsibility to patients to maximize the use of this data for answering new questions and enabling larger-scale analyses for generating new insights.
The Product Development Data Sciences department in the Pharmaceutical Division of Roche is a newly formed organisation that focuses on Roche’s two key assets: Our Data and Our Insights. This new organisation supersedes the Biometrics group, and along with the biometrics clinical trials activities, this group leads the way in supporting data science within Roche.
Industrial Placement Students joining Roche will work as part of a team in the Product Development Data Sciences department to deliver data and insights about our medicines and disease areas.
Successful candidates will use their bioscience, biostatistics, programming and technical skills to contribute to the success of data science and insights generation at Roche. They will work across diverse areas from the management and governance of data to acquiring data and engineering solutions for visualising, integrating and analysing data.
Each successful candidate will receive full training in relevant business processes, systems, software and programming for each role they undertake, and will be supported by experienced employees that will provide coaching and oversight on a day-to-day basis.
During the internship your tasks will include:
- Support the members of the Data Management study team in maintaining oversight of all build, conduct and close activities for one or more studies, ensuring fit for purpose quality.
- Under supervised training and mentoring, gradually assume responsibility for agreed tasks (which may include: data collection and data acquisition, advisory of teams and stakeholders on best practices and proposing innovative solutions. e.g. the collection of new data types (e.g. emergent biomarkers), new technologies (e.g. sensors), and new data sources (e.g. RWD, EMR). As well as graphical visualizations, statistical monitoring tools, and metrics.)
- Engage with stakeholders across the business and Data Sciences to understand their needs and influence to some extent their understanding of decisions made on our function.
- Partner with relevant functions for external data vendor selection and management. Oversee development of data transfer agreements with vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for-purpose data models and transfer intervals.
- Contributes to functional or cross-functional working groups and initiatives
- Shadow colleagues and gain a solid understanding of all roles in DSD
- Gain a solid understanding of GCP
Who You Are
To be successful in this opportunity, applicants should be and have:
- Are enrolled in a Bachelor or Master program at a university preferably in Life or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Currently undertaking a relevant data-oriented subject (e.g. Biological Sciences, Technology, Bioengineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business studies etc.).
- Applicants should be interested in data science and drug development - a passion for healthcare and enthusiasm for the industry is vital.
- Have some experience or knowledge of data handling and analysis techniques, including programming languages (e.g. R, Python or SAS). For one position, a high level of R programming skill is necessary. For the other position, it is highly beneficial but not essential.
- Have some experience or knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is beneficial.
- Supportive and inclusive of a collaborative working environment.
- Aware of your strengths and development areas.
- Strong collaboration and excellent communication skills -both written and oral (proficiency in English required).
- Project Management skills.
- Able to manage multiple requests and priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities around decision-making, negotiation, motivation (self and others) and influencing.
- Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools and techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to mentor others and willingness to learn new techniques.
- Knowledge of biological principles, display interest and demonstrate scientific curiosity including an understanding of data types and their scientific use (clinical, biomarker, WGS, RNA-seq, etc.).
The preferred start date of the internship is upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of internship on your motivation letter.
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity.
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunktion Internship
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2021/11/02
- Job-ID 202110-130191
Kontaktieren Sie uns