Intern in Bioinformatics and Immunology, Investigative and Immuno-Safety Urgent hiring
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In Roche´s Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development organisation (pRED), we make transformative medicines for patients in order to tackle some of the world’s toughest unmet healthcare needs. At pRED, we are united by our mission to transform science into medicines. Together, we create a culture defined by curiosity, responsibility and humility, where our talented people are empowered and inspired to bring forward extraordinary life-changing innovation at speed.
We are looking for a motivated, creative and solution oriented colleague to join our cross-functional team in Pharmaceutical Sciences as part of the investigative (iSafe) and immuno-safety chapter. Our team’s focus is to develop innovative in-vitro assays to determine the safety profiles of our drug candidates, and if you are interested in working at the interface between bioinformatics and immunology, reach out, you could help us build and refine the next generation of safety assessments for our upcoming treatments.
As a member of our team, you will support our multidisciplinary group of scientists dedicated to developing and implementing novel safety assessments on in-vitro models, and to jointly shape how we assess the safety of our treatments.
- Understanding, implementing, and further developing existing bioinformatic workflows to assess the immunological relevance of our in-vitro models.
- Establishing new data management and processing pipelines and creating data analysis, visualization and data interpretation tools to support data-informed decision making for our preclinical assays and safety assessments.
- Ensure we provide our teams with tools to make better decisions to assess the accuracy of our preclinical models via nurturing trustful relationships and effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
You have a growth mindset. You are resourceful and flexible in problem solving, and you ask for feedback and learn from it. You have a keen interest in continuously learning and incorporating your learnings into actionable outcomes.
What do you need in your toolbox?
- You are proficient with Python programming. Ideally you have worked with open-source workflow managers such as Snakemake or Nextflow.
- You have experience with data management and visualization. For instance you are comfortable working with SQL, the document database MongoDB, and REST APIs.
- You have a master degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biomedicine, biological sciences or a related discipline, or a bachelor degree or apprenticeship in a related field with at least one year practical experience.
- You are open to learning immunology. Previous experience or close collaboration in an immunology field would be appreciated but not a requirement.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in written and verbal English is mandatory.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team. You put yourself in your colleagues’ place and act boldly collaborating with them to bring better results to patients.
Roche commits to recognizing talent and aptitude. We prioritize encouraging and supporting our employees on their personal journeys by providing a safe, creative space to help them reflect, make decisions and grow in their career.
We are confident that we find the most innovative solutions by gaining different perspectives, asking and answering hard questions, and challenging the status quo. Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious yet enthusiastic way; we are devoted to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Applications need to include a CV, a motivation letter that doesn’t include any personal details that refer to gender, age or ethnicity, and if available your open-source software repositories (for instance GitHub or GitLab) which we can access. Please don’t include an application photo.
The preferred start date of the 9-months-internship can be adjusted upon availability (ideally start in Q1 of 2022). Please clearly indicate your preferred start date and duration of the internship on your motivation letter.
Due to regulations, non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunktion Internship
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2022/01/24
- Job-ID 202201-102087
Kontaktieren Sie uns