Trainee/Consultant/Senior Consultant (all genders) - Financial Crime Analytics, Forensics Urgent
Business line: Financial Advisory
Experience level: Graduate
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 29-Jul-2022
Req #: 610
Help our clients to leverage data and analytics to prevent financial crimes!
In Forensics, you’ll help us provide facts and solutions to our clients, so that fair and far-reaching actions can be taken to enhance trust in business and within our society. Fighting financial crime is a top priority for both the private and public sector, and therefore also for our clients. As part of the Financial Crime Analytics team, you will leverage your expertise in data and analytics in combination with cutting-edge technology to help our clients in their fight against financial crime and the related risks.
We are currently expanding our Switzerland-based Financial Crime Analytics team and are looking for talented, highly motivated and innovative practitioners with expertise in data and analytics, a strong interest in financial services and in the area of financial crime. Does this sound like your cup of tea?
How you can make an impact
- Advise our clients on how to prevent and detect financial crime by using your data analytics skills: In your new role, you will assist clients in designing and constructing data analysis in order to control risks, all the while reporting to your Deloitte supervisor
- Respond to internal and external investigations, regulatory enquiries and disputes
- Use advanced data analytics to develop and optimize client surveillance systems; define and implement data management strategies and frameworks to support effective surveillance processes and controls
- Leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to create and improve transaction monitoring systems
- Identify conflicts of interest and perform client risk scoring, adverse media screening, front to back assessment and validation of financial crime surveillance and related operating models
Who we are looking for
- You’re a curious, reliable and efficient problem solver, analytical and conceptual thinker and fast learner with strong communication, teamwork and organization skills, integrity, and a high attention to details
- University degree (e.g. Master in computer science, natural sciences, engineering, economics, law or similar field) with IT skills in programming, software engineering, proficiency in analytical programming languages (i.e. Python, SQL, R, Scala), expertise in data management disciplines (i.e. data modelling, data quality, master data management) and how they can be used to help organizations to combat financial crime; ability to understand and assess artificial intelligence and machine learning models
- Experience (e.g. from past internships or relevant work in financial services or FinTech) in the area of financial crime, ideally in/with know-your-customer (KYC), anti-money-laundering (AML), FATCA, automatic exchange of information (AEI), transaction monitoring as well as client risk scoring (CRS)
- Fluent in English (German and/or French would be an additional advantage)
The Financial Crime Analytics team is part of Deloitte Forensics, ranked one of the largest forensic advisory practices in Switzerland. We assist clients across a broad spectrum of industries by providing specialist advice relating to fraud, anti-corruption, AML and regulatory investigations. Our work frequently involves highly sensitive engagements, which gain regulatory scrutiny and media attention. Our team believes that data is at the heart of prevention and detection of misconduct and financial crime. We deploy defensible and proven analytical techniques and approaches to improve Financial Crime surveillance systems and processes. We work proactively to detect anomalies and inefficiencies in financial crime compliance frameworks and partner with our clients to design, implement and test innovative technology solutions that help them to improve their surveillance systems.
Join us and benefit from the unique opportunity to develop your career within a team of specialists: Not only do we combine a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise, but we’re a dynamic group of kindred spirits and friendly, fair and fun-loving people you’ll love working with.
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna at email@example.com.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 610