(Senior) Consultant (all genders) - Actuarial Services, Consulting
Business line: Consulting
Experience level: Graduate
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 01-Dec-2022
Req #: 537
Help our clients successfully manage global challenges
Our Actuarial team provides a full range of actuarial support in the areas of life, non-life and health insurance as well as reinsurance. We are collaborating regularly with other teams in Consulting as well as with other lines of services, like Risk Advisory or Audit, on large-scale finance projects.
In this position, you will be integrated into an experienced project team right from the start and will have day-to-day responsibilities to deliver reliable solutions.
How you can make an impact
- Support insurance clients on their finance transformation journey and, in particular, IFRS 17/9 implementation with actuarial expertise
- Advise life, non-life and health insurance companies on regulatory matters such as for example, Swiss Solvency Test or Solvency II
- Support actuarial audit and review work of (re)insurers with respect to local and international accounting standards (IFRS, US-GAAP)
- Develop actuarial methodology and hands-on actuarial modelling to solve complex challenges within life and non-life insurance
- Provide ad-hoc actuarial support of due diligence or M&A project work related to pensions and insurance companies
Who we are looking for
- You have a University degree (ETH or University) in actuarial science, mathematics, physics, economics or similar quantitative field
- You are a fresh graduate or have up to two years of experience in an actuarial position either in the Insurance industry or in Consulting
- You are willing to obtain a professional actuarial qualification (for example “Actuary SAA”)
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills with a real willingness to learn and make a difference, and you enjoy working with different people from different fields
- You communicate confidently in German and English and are happy to travel
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team in our Zurich office. As a new team member, you will join a multicultural, team-oriented environment with flat hierarchies. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Careers at Deloitte. Choose your impact.
At Deloitte, your ideas create impact and spark meaningful change for our clients, people and society. Your unique expertise, background and perspective helps us find new ways into the most complex challenges so we can brighten the futures of those our work affects. At Deloitte, you can build a career that inspires and energises you. At Deloitte, you can choose your impact.
In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations, we serve companies and organisations of all sizes in all industry sectors. We offer meaningful and challenging work, a place where you can be you and where you will never stop growing. You will benefit from flexible working conditions as well as wellbeing and parental programmes. www.deloitte.com/ch/careers
Join us and become part of a global network of like-minded people dedicated to making a difference, whether by addressing climate change or improving 100 million futures by 2030. Want to know more about opportunities at Deloitte? Visit www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org
*We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law. Research shows that women are less likely to apply for roles unless they match all the criteria; don’t hold yourself back - apply today.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.