Are you interested in using data science and the latest technologies to solve real world business problems? Does the prospect of dealing with complex problems in different areas excite you? Do you want to play an instrumental role in building operational Artificial Intelligence (AI) models at UBS?
We are looking for a Data Scientist to:
- apply state-of-the-art data analysis and machine learning techniques to real data and problems
- conduct requirements-gathering and analyze a broad range of data of the highest confidentiality
- design and implement proof-of-concepts / pilots, minimum viable products, business cases and quality control
- work within a global team and partner with senior management to build awareness, assess opportunities for AI technologies and maximize value/impact of the function
- partner with other IT teams to enable and drive deployment of AI capabilities
You will be working in the CTO AI & Data Science team based in Zurich. We are a dynamic and diverse team of transformation professionals with a focus to incubate, mature and scale AI platforms and extend the automation spectrum across the firm, working in close collaboration with partners across the firm.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- advanced degree in quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or similar; maximum 3 years of professional experience
- broad understanding and hands-on experience in machine learning and deep learning models for classification, clustering, anomaly detection and Natural Language Processing (NLP) tasks
- experience with computer vision and speech tasks is a plus
- proven ability to write production-level code in Python, as well as experience with Python scientific stack for data analysis, machine learning, deep learning and NLP
- an effective self-starter who excels in a lean and fast-paced organization; highly driven and motivated with a can-do attitude; eager to continuously learn and solve complex problems, focusing on practical and implementable solutions
- a strong written and verbal communicator (English), able to explain complex models on a suitable aggregation level to various stakeholders; interested in building a network across a global organization
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS International Recruiting
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Data Scientist||UBS Job Board for Graduates|