Internship in applied simulations
Objective of the internship is to carry out thermal-fluid-dynamic simulations to evaluate the performances of a GCB during operation under steady state and transient electrical loads. Additionally, 1D simulation is applied to speed up the simulation process for parameter studies. The simulations will be carried out with the software Ansys Maxwell, Fluent and Dymola.
The candidate will receive dedicated assistance and support from the Hitachi Energy engineers and scientists. Optional is the planning/design of validation experimental tests in collaboration with the Hitachi Energy Technology Center Team and Hitachi Energy Corporate Research Center.
- Literature search on recent work regarding GCBs
- Thermo-fluid-dynamic simulation to assess performances of a GCB by means of the software Ansys Maxwell and Fluent
- Improvement of 1D simulation software in Dymola
- Data post-processing, analysis and evaluation of the results
Propose improvements to the simulated case in collaboration with the Hitachi Energy team Requirements
- Background in fluid-dynamics and thermal management
- CAD knowledge
- CFD background (ANSYS FLUENT is a plus)
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Ability to work in a team, as well as willingness to handle responsibilities independently
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com