Environmental Specialist – Switzerland
Do you have a passion for sustainability? Do you have the expertise and the skills to help find innovative solutions to reduce our energy and greenhouse gas footprint? Do you want to join our efforts in Switzerland as part of a global team responsible for meeting UBS’s net zero ambitions for in-house operations?
We are looking for an exceptional individual to:
- Support the development and implementation of measures to achieve our environmental goals, including measures to reduce our business’ greenhouse gas emissions and increase energy efficiency
- Measure and monitor the environmental data and contribute to successful ISO14064 assurance
- Maintain and improve the Environmental & Energy Management System for the Swiss region in compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 requirements
- Track our environmental performance and target achievement for Switzerland
You will be working in UBS Group Corporate Services (GCS) based in Zurich. Group Corporate Services manages UBS’s global real estate portfolio; provides workplaces that support our employees and clients; and drives the sourcing and vendor strategy. As Environmental Specialist you will report to the Regional Environmental Manager for Switzerland and play an important role in our global efforts towards improving environmental performance throughout our buildings, data centers, services and supply chain.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree or post-graduate qualification in energy or environmental studies / environmental management or related field
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Broad knowledge of environmental issues as they pertain to in-house operations and real-estate;
- Ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly, to senior management as well as to a broader audience;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and across a wide agenda;
- Proactive, high energy, strong work ethic;
- Fluency in German and English (written and verbal), French and Italian is an advantage
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Environmental Specialist - Switzerland||UBS Job Board for Graduates|