R&D Intern in Applied Materials (80 -100%) Urgent hiring
The ABB Power Grids Research organization is developing the foundations for the next generation of ABB Power Grids products. The ABB Power Grids Research Center in Switzerland is located in Baden-Dättwil close to Zurich. The group “Semiconductor Packaging & Applied Materials” focuses on power semiconductor packaging and high-voltage materials to be implemented in the company’s next generation of products. We are currently offering high-caliber students the chance to join our multidisciplinary team of researchers in the field of applied materials. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to put theory into practice. A better world begins with you!
- Contribute to current research projects and extend your knowledge focusing on innovative insulating materials for high voltage applications
- Prepare and characterize samples and prototypes of materials (metals, polymers, ceramics, composites)
- Study the relationship between process parameters, microstructure and material characteristics
- Evaluate and document findings and present test results to the team
- Degree program (official enrolment is essential) in Materials Science/Chemistry or similar discipline (completion of at least six semesters)
- Experience in laboratory work and know-how in experimental methods using a wide range of advanced materials characterization techniques
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated mindset and ability to work independently
- Highly conscientious individual with keen sense of responsibility
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken
- Duration: 6 to 12 month, starting date: upon agreement
- Due to Swiss law, for foreign non EU students, the internship has to be a mandatory part of the study programm
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Power Grids Switzerland Ltd.