Student Internship for Pharmaceutical Sciences or Analytical Chemistry Students in Process Analytical Technologies - RiSM Neu
Student Internship for Pharmaceutical Sciences or Analytical Chemistry Students in Process Analytical Technologies - RiSM
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As part of the global technical development organization, we are responsible for the research and development of oral dosage forms, at the Roche Basel site. This includes the technical development and optimization of market formulations, the scale-up of the manufacturing processes including transfers to the production sites as well as the development and manufacturing of clinical batches under GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) status. Our responsibilities also include the evaluation and implementation of new manufacturing technologies and process analytical technologies.
Within Global Technical Development, our Process Analytical Technology (PAT) section is responsible for the development of PAT tools to support the development, scale-up and supply of high quality small molecule drug substances and drug products. We develop (mainly spectroscopic) analytical methods which will provide insights and additional information during laboratory process development and manufacturing. We create value by enhancing process understanding, improving product quality and by supporting robust manufacturing processes and reliable scale-ups.
As an Intern you will support the development of PAT solutions to support drug substance or drug product development, which typically will include (you will get support for these tasks from experienced PAT experts):
- Perform a literature review
- Plan, organize and perform experiments independently as well as collaboratively
- Measure and evaluate spectroscopic data
- Build chemometric models
- Summarize the results and present them clearly and effectively in oral presentations and written reports
Who you are:
You are preferably a master student in the subject of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry or similar and have an interest in online analytical methods and the development of manufacturing processes.Your further profile for this position:
- Expertise in spectroscopy (IR, NIR, Raman) constitutes a strong plus
- Knowledge of multivariate data analysis constitutes a strong plus
- Aptitude for experimental work, reliable and accurate working style in a GMP-compliant environment
- Good knowledge of MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good English skills is a plus
Your complete application includes the following documents:
- A Current CV and a Motivation Letter
- A certificate of enrollment (if you are currently studying). If you want to use this opportunity to do a Master’s or Diploma thesis, please highlight this in your application
- For Non-EU/EFTA citizens: Due to regulations, you must provide a certificate issued by your university stating that an Internship is mandatory for your studies
Application deadline is 27.08.2020.
In case the first review of your application was successful, we are going to invite you to an Online Assessment around the end of August.
All successful final candidates will be invited to a virtual interview day which will take place 15.10.2020.
The Internship will start in 2021 for 6-12 month, please indicate your preferred start date and duration in your application.
More information about the Roche Internship program in Synthetic Molecules (RiSM) and other opportunities within this program you can find here.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: RiSM ROiQQ ROiBI ROiBY ROiBT ROiCH ROiMkS ROiPS ROiCE ROiMS ROiPE ROiDaSc ROiDIG ROiCS
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Vocational & Development Programs, Vocational & Development Programs > Internship
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Vocational & Development Programs
- Subfunktion Internship
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2020/07/08
- Posted until 2020/08/29
- Job-ID 202007-118242
Kontaktieren Sie uns
Mrs. Claudia Fischer