Graduate EMEA Solutions Urgent hiring
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2020. The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on-and-off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business divisions.
About the role
Are you a curious and engaged self-starter? Have you ever wanted to join a diverse und international team? If so, this role is for you! The division Europe, Middle East & Africa offers a unique role in a truly international business environment, for one of strategic pillars of reinsurance in Life & Health books. It seeks to deepen our client engagements through the building and implementing of market focused solutions
It requires agility and flexibility, innovative mentality and relationship management. Within this role you will closely interact with the Solutions Team, that drives the strategic direction and execution of L&H solutions, improves ideas and success stories globally and regionally across markets, originates and supports the local markets to partner with traditional and unusual partners.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with the regional Life&Health Solutions team and the local Solution Managers to screen the relevant markets and branches to identify leads for marketing solutions.
- Identify, in cooperation with local market Client Managers, and generate new partnerships and opportunities through making the first contact, pitching and building high level of engagements with various partners.
- Triage and financially evaluate new business opportunities and coordinate cross-functional activity on initiatives.
- Project organisation for new deals through to implementation including coordinating, monitoring and reporting on progress to ensure contribution to the achievement of Life&Health Solutions business plan.
- Support the EMEA 2023 Solutions ambition by taking on ad-hoc projects related to the go-to-market strategy and implementation in the various units (e.g. alternative distributions, Data-Smart-Analytics)
- Prepare and run at least one new solution initiative from ideation to prototype to taking it to the market.
About the team
Our team is responsible for developing and executing EMEA Solutions pillar by promoting Swiss Re’s value proposition and by developing new growth opportunities in the key markets in EMEA. The team contributes and complements the local teams in originating and developing these innovative solutions for their new and existing clients.
- Successfully completed your university degree, preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Marketing or equivalent
- Keen to learn about the insurance and reinsurance business
- Approach problems with curiosity and flexibility, is a fast learner
- You are a creative mind, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Able and enthusiastic to work in a global and multicultural environment, and are mobile in terms of workplace or location
- Very good communication, interpersonal skills and great in building business relations.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform tasks in a detailed and timely manner
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication, delivering high quality output
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) and an impeccable command of English and preferably another European language
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
We are eagerly awaiting your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We hire solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.