Junior Actuarial Analyst, Reserving Italy 80-100%, temporary
In this exciting role you will join the team Italy Reserving within our Non-Life Actuarial Centre of Excellence (CoE). The CoE Zurich is responsible for reserving General Insurance business in various European countries as well as the Commercial Insurance business in Europe.
The current position is a temporary assignment for a maternity leave coverage from January to the end of June 2021.
As a Junior Actuarial Analyst Reserving Italy your main responsibilities will involve:
- Prepare and perform actuarial analysis including loss projections, technical reserves calculation for gross and reinsurance layers and cash flow projections
- Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal Zurich actuarial policies and guidance as well as existing regulations
- Coordinate with finance and accounting to ensure the adequacy of the balance sheet and profit and loss
- Prepare the quarterly actuarial reserve report to the regional chief actuary
- Provide finance, other reserving actuaries, pricing, underwriting and claims with insights into underlying performance and implication for the business
- Perform deep dive reserving analyses on special portfolios
Your Skills and Experience
As a Junior Actuarial Analyst Reserving Italy your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University Master’s Degree in mathematics, physics, actuarial sciences, statistics or another related field
- Data management and good programming skills (e.g. SAS, VBA, R) are considered as strong advantage
- Understanding of actuarial reserving methods will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Team player showing enthusiasm, curiosity and positive attitude
- Fluent Italian and very good English, while German is a strong plus
Work location is Zürich, Oerlikon.
The positions is a maternity leave coverage for 6 months.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then we are looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Our talent acquisition and hiring processes respect this commitment daily. Join Zurich and be part of this culture.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.