Career Start - Junior Trader / Trade Assistant #158332
Your program’s highlights
Our Career Start Program offers an ideal platform for graduates who want to experience life at the heart of the financial services industry. You start your main assignment in your business area and rotate to another department for 4-6 months so you can experience different positions, gain insight into a broad spectrum of roles, build new skills and develop crucial networks across the bank. The program offers a combination of practical experience, shadowing days, structured on- and off-the-job training, stimulating challenges and evaluation activities. You might benefit from the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to an exciting junior position after your Career Start Program.
Start date: 1st of September of upon an agreement
Duration: 18 months
Academic requirements: Recently completed bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
A challenging and rewarding role in an fast paced environment as a Junior Trader / Trade Assistant for Credit and Primary Cash Bonds within the Global Trading Solutions (GTS) business unit located in Zurich. You support senior trader colleagues at the desk with creating offer lists, pricing Cash Bonds and creating trading ideas in CHF denominated Credit and Primary Bonds and the Fixed Income Chief Operating Officer (COO) in the day-to-day business and relevant projects.
You provide trading axes, switch ideas and market updates to our Fixed Income Cash Sales colleagues.
You perform a variety of other tasks related to trading - for example creation and review of P&L, risk, regulatory reports, liaison with various stakeholders across the Bank, participation in projects to further develop the business, etc. You have the opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into all processes around trading activities, having interaction with all relevant stakeholders of the Bond Value Chain.
Your future colleagues
You become part of an experienced team, whose pronounced team spirit, diverse profiles and specific business expertise guarantee an exciting working environment with great development opportunities. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards. We are looking for an open and positive personality with great interpersonal and analytical skills combined with an outstanding ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualifications and skills
Demonstrate the skills and attributes you bring to this key position within the Credit & Primary Bond Trading department. Tell us how your experience, character and vision connect with the responsibilities required and prospects we offer. You have:
- A completed bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or university of applied sciences, with focus on Banking & Finance or similar
- You are enthusiastic about Fixed Income Products and you could see yourself in a trading position in the long term
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, combined with results orientation and problem-solving capabilities
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to develop and drive the Bond trading business
- Strong drive, motivation, revenue focus, proactivity and willingness to take ownership, going the extra mile to achieve high quality of outputs and service
- An outgoing personality with good analytical skills
- Perseverance and ability to work under pressure
- Teamwork and communication skills, fluent computer literacy (in particular Excel and ideally Bloomberg)
- Fluent in German and English (other languages are an asset)
- An understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace and dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Ms Diana Fryzowicz would be delighted to receive your application - including motivation letter and accompanying documents (education certificates etc.).
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.