Junior Resource Manager 80 - 100% in Zürich (Graduate)
Other locations: Primary Location Only
Date: Jan 12, 2022
Requisition ID: 658143
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Your contribution will be pivotal to being part of a successful function, using your Resource Management expertise to become an integral part of the Consulting Business Management team in the Financial Services Organization.
You will use a commercial mind-set to understand and monitor business performance and the issues and challenges facing the practice. Your focus will be on working closely with senior stakeholders to meet financial and non-financial objectives, as well as overseeing and ensuring that resource requirements for our engagement teams are met, optimising the utilisation of resources, improve performance and ensure Operational Excellence is maintained at all times. This is in conjunction with ensuring our people are provided with the best experiences to drive their careers.
You’ll build networks and work closely with stakeholders across the company and markets. You’ll also support in various initiatives such as the roll out of new technologies and Diversity & Inclusion in relation to deploying engagement teams.
Key responsibilities as a Junior Resource Manager
- Delivering end to end deployment solutions to the client facing business (e.g., Pursuits, new / existing engagements)
- First point of contact and managing deployment issues accordingly within their designated client serving team
- Monitor and escalate availability of resources and work proactively with colleagues from within the market and across EMEIA FSO Consulting markets to ensure utilisation is maximised
- Work with client facing staff to understand their skills and experiences for appropriate alignment to engagements
- Liaise with the business, Line Managers and HR to keep abreast of the development needs of all individuals in the group to ensure planning is aligned
- Work with Resource Management Leader to help deliver on the defined objectives in the country. (e.g., Responsiveness on mobilizing profiles and deploying final resources to engagements, better in-market resourcing, retain forecasting improvement etc).
- Work with Team Leaders on Transform Supply agenda (Capability build, capacity management etc.)
- Provide insights on business performance and discuss trends, interventions and actions to improve results
- Forecast financial performance and utilisation levels on a weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual basis using Retain (Resource Management tool) and EY Financial Reporting tools
- Required to prepare, analyse and pesent Management information to senior stakeholders on budget vs. actual, headcount, deployment and wider Operational Excellence metrics such as utilisation, retain accuracy, timesheets
- Understand and communicate key business developments which may affect upcoming performance through regular update with key stakeholders, including client serving leadership
- Producing and maintaining various ad hoc and regular Management Information reports, interpreting and acting on results
What we look for
- An experienced, trusted business advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of financial management. You will work closely with many stakeholders across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships will be critical.
Skills and attributes for success
- A proactive team player who is self-motivated, self-reliant and results oriented
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English; German preferred
- Ability to work under pressure to meet competing demands
- Confident and resilient to deal with challenges from the business and client facing individuals
- Strong stakeholder management capability to effectively influence Engagement Partners, Directors and Managers on deployment solutions
- Understanding the business to challenge decisions and demonstrate wider cross Service Line perspective to deliver results
- Problem solving and analytical mindset to understand and resolve complex challenges
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven experience within Project Management, Resource Management, Operational, HR or Recruitment background, ideally within a professional services environment and/or Financial Services sector
Ideally you’ll also have
- A university degree or 1-3 years of work experience
What we offer
Internationalmulti-culturalteam of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.
|**EY||Building a better working world**|
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.