Internship 2024, Communications Specialist
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you creative and highly organized? Are you a great writer and can you turn complicated topics into interesting stories? We open internship positions in our teams and are looking for strong team players to support our internal communications. We are responsible for communicating to employees globally for different topics like people-related, culture, tech and more. Our role covers a broad range of activities, from high level planning through to the creation and delivery of content and communications materials in a variety of formats in up to four languages. We’re looking for someone like that to:
- develop content for news articles, intranet pages, newsletters, videos, blog posts and other communication materials for employees across the firm, including editing and writing (in English and/or German)
- identify story ideas and key messages on a wide range of topics
- handle a small portfolio of projects such as webpage redesigns, communication campaigns, the development of guidelines and the review of intranet-related statistics
- support the organization and logistics of events e.g. townhalls, leadership events, etc.
- collaborate across the Group Internal Communications team and other partners in the firm
- provide guidance to our stakeholders about UBS’s corporate design and tone of voice guidelines
Our 12 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be working in the Group Internal Communications team (part of Communications & Branding) in Zurich. We are a diverse team of communications experts who love what we do and who take pride in producing high quality, high impact communications. We advise various teams across the bank on a wide range of tactical and strategic communications with the aim that employees are informed and engaged and proud to work for UBS.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you are:
- working towards your Bachelor or Master’s degree - ideally in journalism, communications or public relations
- a native English or native German speaker with advanced knowledge in the other language
- an expert writer with an eye for detail (spotting typos is your second nature)
- a self-starter, innovative person
- excellent at organizing and coordinating events
- a team player who’s able to work independently
- happy to work to tight and changing deadlines
- proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
It would be great if you have:
- an interest in financial services
- experienced in social media
- graphic design and video editing skills
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: flexible 2023/2024
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2024, Communications Specialist||UBS Job Board for Graduates|