Summer Internship 2024, Quantitative Risk Modelling
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you interested in driving lasting business impact by developing state-of-the-art quantitative models, applications and strategies? Are you interested in becoming an expert of the market, client needs and best practice application of trading, investment, and risk processes?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other - our colleagues, clients and partners - and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for Summer Interns to:
- support the development and maintenance of various models ranging from banking and trading book in line with regulatory and business requirements to the counterparty credit risk exposure models
- develop prototype codes and testing tools that will be used in various productive systems
- collaborate with quantitative analysts to share insights and develop global analysis frameworks and work closely with cross-functional team members to improve (digital) products
Our 10-week summer internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in Quantitative Finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You will be part of UBS Quantitative Risk Modelling (QRM) function. The Quantitative Risk Modelling organization is built around the principles of co-operation and collaboration based on shared goals and objectives, and close communication across the group. UBS is in the business of risk intermediation: We buy and sell financial risks, across the globe and across time.
Diversity helps us grow together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
You need to have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months in a numerate (mathematics, econometrics) or technical domain (computer science, quantitative finance, physics) or similar - and have gained relevant skills in quantitative analysis through courses, projects or work experience.
This program offers a rare training opportunity and valuable hands on experience in the areas of quantitative finance.
In particular, you have:
- knowledge of financial products and risk management concepts
- interest in financial markets (experience is a plus)
- data analytics and programming skills (i.e., R, Python, SQL, VBA, SAS, Excel knowledge, C++ and Java are a plus)
- strong ability to build, interpret and evaluate multiple statistical models
- intuitive understanding of the interconnections between different economic factors
- good communication skills in English (oral and written): ability to communicate logically, precisely and propose solutions to complex business problems, based on proven analytical/quantitative skills
- quick learner with flexibility to adapt to changes and consistently produce high-quality analysis backed by data
Start Date: July 2024 for 10 weeks
The UBS internship is a paid internship.
UBS is the world’s largest and the only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors..
We have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries.
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Summer Internship 2024, Quantitative Risk Modelling||UBS Job Board for Graduates|