Internship 2021, IT Mainframe System Engineer
Switzerland - Northern Switzerland
Business management, administration and support
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you passionate about Mainframe Software Engineering and want to help set our direction and strategy? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
- evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
- guarantee a secure infrastructure environment, production stability and performance
- analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
- cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large-scale programs
- maintain & improve existing deployment and build mechanisms
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within the Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering which provides technology platforms to underpin our partners’ business applications. You will be part of the Mainframe Systems Engineering team which has a global footprint and works with other support organizations, Operations staff and other team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions while optimizing operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
The Mainframe Systems Engineering team is based in Basel, Switzerland. As an IT Mainframe System Engineer, you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the z/OS operating system across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. You will be joining a well-established team who will provide invaluable guidance to help you expand your knowledge and career. Teamwork is pivotal to our success; it plays a particularly important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
- bachelor’s or equivalent degree/certificate in Computer Science, Software or System Engineering or similar is a must
- nice, but not a must-have, would be skills in zLinux and Assembler programming
- preferable would be previous experience working in other infrastructure projects
- a committed and visionary team player with an analytical and logical mind-set (great at solving problems)
- well-organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize tasks
- a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
- curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
- fluent in English and eager to work in an English-speaking global team
- you will learn about the z/OS operating systems architecture, design and implementation
- you will also learn about various mainframe components such as SMP/E, software deployment processes, TSO/ISPF, Rexx, z/OS and its subsystems
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: Early 2021
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, IT Mainframe System Engineer||UBS Job Board for Graduates|