Internship – Technology (IT) – Big Data Governance Automation #163487
Your program’s highlights
Our Internship Program is open to students who want to gain practical experience in one of the various career fields at the heart of the financial services industry. Over the course of this in-depth, comprehensive program you make valuable contributions to the bank’s work, develop skills, expand your knowledge and grow in confidence. You participate in exclusive events, shadowing days, real-world business challenges and demanding tasks to extend your experience and create valuable networks in the bank and the wider sector. By the end of the program you gain a rich, varied insight into our work at Credit Suisse and the industry in general.
Start date: different start dates possible
Duration: 4-6 months
Academic requirements: Completed at least four semesters of a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a master’s degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
You will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into Big Data Analytics platform and more precisely into tasks and processes around Data Architecture and Governance. Join a visionary team, whose team spirit and specific expertise guarantee an exciting working environment and growth opportunities. You will gain practical experience within a bank and support us in building the basis for a data catalogue, as well as being involved in a dynamic and agile environment. In this role you will perform a variety of tasks in the areas of data management, data governance and data engineering.
Your future colleagues
We build, maintain and transform applications for the Swiss Universal Bank. In line with the bank’s strategic position to be the leading digital bank for Switzerland, we work together in a truly agile way: Value for us comes from smart solutions that cover our diverse clients’ needs in creative and sustainable ways. We believe in empowered and self-organized teams to deliver our state-of-the-art solutions. We foster an engineering driven culture and an environment promoting life-long learning. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualification and skills
Are you the perfect fit for this role in the Big Data Technologies team within SUB IT department? Now is your chance to show us how your skills, experience and attributes are just what we’re looking for. Show us how you have:
- Completed at least four semesters of a bachelor’s degree or are currently enrolled on a master’s program
- Are you an analytical, technologically minded person with a high level of autonomy?
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An ability to often take on the creative aspect of a project, and seek new challenges
- An enthusiasm for data and see yourself in analytics solutions in the long term
- A highly motivated, flexible can-do attitude and well-developed conceptual thinking and communication skills
- Do you have advanced excel, SQL, Python, PySpark, Scala programming skills?
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Kafka, Oozie, Splunk, HBase, Hive, Impala and database technologies (Oracle) is a big plus
- Proficient communication skills in English
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Mr. R. Alaimia would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.