Trainee Finance and Exec (all genders) - 12 months New
Business line: Internal Client Services
Experience level: Internship
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 21-Sep-2022
Req #: 10485
Help our clients successfully manage global challenges
A unique opportunity exists for an enthusiastic individual to work within Enabling Functions, supporting both the Finance and Executive teams. Enabling Functions enable Deloitte’s five businesses to successfully deliver on their various financial, client and market goals; by the provision of safe, stable, and easy to use infrastructure, as well as financial insights that support the decision-making process.
The position suits a proactive individual and requires a strong work ethic, an eagerness to learn and the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation.
How you can make an impact
Project management, financial reporting, and communication of Finance/Executive strategic priorities:
- Hosting and summarising internal Finance/Executive meetings by liaising with some of the most senior stakeholders at Deloitte, including the COO
- Project management of smaller initiatives within the Finance/Executive/Offshore programmes
- Coordination of monthly Offshore reporting for the Swiss Firm
- Supporting the wider Finance team on an ad-hoc basis; including the presentation/visualisation of data in a clear and succinct manner
- Support in the preparation of Finance/Offshore related materials, meetings, presentations, workshops, and intranet sites
Who we are looking for
- A can do and result oriented attitude
- A curious mindset and the ability and desire to ask the right questions and challenge yourself
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to meet deadlines effectively
- A respected way of communication and the ability to communicate complex problems properly
- A good commercial awareness and understanding of the key factors which influence business performance
- Your perspective on why the experience would complement your ongoing studies, skills, and ambitions
- Advanced language skills in English, knowledge of German is a plus
What we will offer you
- 1-year Traineeship opportunity (Oct 2022 - Sep 2023)
- Competitive salary
- On-the-job learning
- Pleasant and collegial atmosphere with possibility of hybrid working
- Applying your theoretical knowledge in practice where you will take on early responsibility in your chosen field
- An international working environment full of opportunities and the unique chance to kickstart your career
Become part of a diverse, multinational, and highly motivated team of around 20 at our Zurich office. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes, and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano, and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 10485