6 Months internship in Compliance - Media Screening Analyst, 50%-100%
At Julius Baer, we celebrate and value the individual qualities you bring, enabling you to be impactful, to be entrepreneurial, to be empowered, and to create value beyond wealth. Let’s shape the future of wealth management together.
In this internship role you will be working as part of the Financial Crime Compliance function. The main responsibility consists of analyzing robot-generated media screenings to pre-validate their Anti Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism AML / CFT relevance.
- Review and compare different Media Screening results to analyze their relevance (delta and name match analysis, and high-level review concerning AML/CFT).
- Ensure that appropriate documentation of the assessment is on file and conclusions are understandable and comprehensive enough for an independent reader
- Communicate results to stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and good judgement
- Ability to relate to colleagues (Compliance and Business organization) from diverse backgrounds
- Able to communicate professionally and maintain sound relationship with stakeholders
- Able to work on own initiative, willing to take on responsibility
- Ability to work independently (completing a certain average number of cases within a given timeframe)
- Team player, persistent, diligent, accurate, reliable, discreet
- Open and approachable
Professional and Technical
- Basic work experience, preferably within the financial services industry
- Educational background of Law, Compliance, Banking and similar is a clear advantage
- Capability of analyzing large amounts of information (e.g. high volumes of adverse media screening files) and gathering it from different systems to gain a comprehensive picture of a screened Partner/Client.
- Ability to apply reasonable judgment and draw reliable conclusions regarding relevant information in a time-efficient manner
- Business fluency in English and as many of the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian and Russian
- Sound organizational skills and attention to detail where necessary
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
Please indicate your possible start date and preferred workload (between 50% - 100%) in your cover letter.
This role is based in Zurich and offers a hybrid model of on-site presence and remote work (within Switzerland).
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. Further interesting job opportunities can be found on our Career site.