Business line: Financial Advisory
City: Geneva, Zurich
Experience level: Internship
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 21-May-2021
Req #: 526
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2’000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Deloitte is heavily investing in talent and strives to become the firm of choice for the very best talent within Switzerland.
Are you a motivated, agile and organised? Are you a strong team player, able to work in a fast-paced environment, to deliver tangible outcomes?
If so, our Financial Advisory team is looking for you!
Our Corporate Finance practice helps clients identify, prepare and execute M&A transactions from a Lead Advisory perspective. In Switzerland, our team is a leading M&A advisor on deals in banking, insurance and asset management. Our advisors have a long track-record of completed deals and trained in bulge bracket investment banks and Big4 Corporate Finance teams.
As a Trainee, you would be supporting the Financial Services M&A team in Zurich on all aspects of typical daily M&A work, including transaction execution.
What you can expect from us:
- You will be gaining experience on a broad range of tasks in relation to M&A transactions including company specific and market research, the preparation of client meetings including pitch books, transaction documents (teaser, information memorandum), financial modelling and valuation analysis
- You will be a valued member of a dynamic team, working alongside experienced professionals and also participate in client meetings with exposure to senior decision makers in the financial services industry
- You will be able to improve your knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services industry and details of the business models and value drivers across different sub-sectors, including private banking / wealth management, insurance, asset management, specialty finance and fintech
- You will have the opportunity to build a network with likeminded individuals across different divisions of Deloitte and around the world in our international offices.
- University degree in business studies, economics or a related field
- First experience in investment banking / M&A is a strong advantage
- Robust theoretical understanding of / interest in corporate finance and valuation as well as affinity for financial modelling
- Demonstrated interest in the financial services industry in Switzerland, awareness of leading market players, knowledge of key industry trends
- Outstanding analytical skills, great attention to detail and reliability
- Motivated to work in a demanding, project-based environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an open mindset, as demonstrated, for instance, through an international experience
- Fluency in English or German