Intern (all genders) – Corporate Finance Advisory FIG, M&A Advisory
Business line: Financial Advisory
Experience level: Internship
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 29-Sep-2021
Req #: 526
Join us to help clients during their most challenging transactions to unlock the full value creation potential!
Our Corporate Finance practice helps clients identify, prepare, and execute M&A transactions from a Lead Advisory perspective. In Switzerland, our team is a leading M&A advisor on deals in banking, insurance, and asset management. Our advisors have a long track-record of completed deals and trained in bulge bracket investment banks and Big4 Corporate Finance teams.
As a Trainee, you would be supporting the Financial Services M&A team in Geneva on all aspects of typical daily M&A work, including transaction execution.
How you can make an impact:
- You will be gaining experience on a broad range of tasks in relation to M&A transactions including company specific and market research, the preparation of client meetings including pitch books, transaction documents (teaser, information memorandum), financial modelling and valuation analysis
- You will be a valued member of a dynamic team, working alongside experienced professionals and also participate in client meetings with exposure to senior decision makers in the financial services industry
- You will be able to improve your knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services industry and details of the business models and value drivers across different sub-sectors, including private banking / wealth management, insurance, asset management, specialty finance and fintech
- You will have the opportunity to build a network with likeminded individuals across different divisions of Deloitte and around the world in our international offices.
Who we are looking for
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an open mindset, as demonstrated, for instance, through an international experience
- Outstanding analytical skills, attention to details and reliability
- Robust theoretical understanding of / interest in corporate finance and valuation as well as affinity for financial modelling
- First experience in investment banking / M&A is a strong advantage
- Demonstrated interest in the financial services industry in Switzerland, awareness of leading market players, knowledge of key industry trends
- University degree in business studies, economics, or a related field
- English is mandatory, another language is a plus
Become part of a diverse, multinational, and highly motivated team of 15+. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes, and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references, and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Franziska at firstname.lastname@example.org
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 526