Internship 2024, Python Developer, UBS Scenario Hub
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you an enthusiastic Computer Science undergraduate or postgraduate looking for a 12-month Internship? Do you have excellent problem-solving skills to solve advanced IT and cloud computing problems for our scenario generation, expansion and management platform? If so, you are the right person for this role. We’re seeking young talents to join our development team within UBS Risk IT Model Services. We’re looking for someone like that to:
- understanding of cloud platform (Azure preferable), knowledge of core cloud concepts, cloud components, operating models, cloud costs, cloud security etc
- familiarity with common failures of cloud systems and techniques for debugging, testing, configuring, and monitoring large-scale cloud systems.
- familiarity with existing distributed systems, software engineering, and database systems to improve software reliability.
- contribute to development processes by developing code, building services, containers, resuable library dependencies and execution pipelines
- familiarity on Microsoft Azure products such as Azure App Services, Azure Functions, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Services etc.
- have good communication skills and willing to interact with UBS teams to understand and solve their business problems.
Our 12 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You will be part of the UBS Risk IT, Scenario Hub team.
The Scenario Hub team is a group of elite and pioneering software and data engineers who brings modern computer science and IT platform to our stakeholders across the bank.
We implement common reusable solutions to ensure the risk management runs on the most optimal and scalable framework. We use niche solutions, and we are expanding towards in-house built solutions to ensure the UBS Risk Management and Control remains competitive and ahead of our peers
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- have passion for programming and be a problem solver, have good understanding on object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigm and sound knowledge on data structures and algorithms.
- be proficient in any programming language, knowledge in Java, Python, R, or Scala is beneficial.
- have exposure to some container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes along with CI/CD technology such as ADO, Gitlab, Jenkins pipelines.
- foundational understanding of parallel computing technology such as Apache Spark, data bricks etc.
- very good communication skills
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: flexible
The UBS internship is a paid internship.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2024, Python Developer, UBS Scenario Hub
|UBS Job Board for Graduates