Intern Deal Advisory - Diligence Services
Start date: September 2019
During a 4-6 months internship, you will be part of a team of high-performers, advising national and international clients on strategic merger and acquisition projects. From day one, delivering our financial due diligence and vendor assistance services will require you to take full ownership of fast-paced, intellectually challenging work. In turn, you will learn the fundamentals of business analysis and the identification of key value drivers and risks associated with a deal.
Start date: September 2019
Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
- Contribute actively to buy- and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial due diligence services and vendor assistance to middle market and large international companies, as well as PE investors
- Set up complex data books and analyse target company data
- Identify and synthetize key findings relating to historical and forecast trading, quality of earnings, working capital, indebtedness, and other key value drivers
- Proactively support in other project related (e.g. project management) and internal tasks, proposals and market development activities
This is what makes you successful
- Currently completing a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Economics, preferably with specialization in Finance and Accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Earlier internship in a Big 4 or consulting firm and practical knowledge in the areas of accounting, finance and M&A are highly considered
- Sense of responsibility and high degree of professionalism to provide above-average performance and high-quality work even in challenging situations
- Written and oral proficiency in French and English, very good (written and oral) knowledge of other languages (in particular German) seen as an asset
- Curriculum of exceptional achievements in business, private endeavours and/or academics. We intend to hire intelligent, diligent and resilient team players with diverse skill-sets
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
Your future team
We are a dynamic and international team in the high-performing M&A consultancy sector. As a market leader, we live a culture of excellence and mutual trust. Therefore, we hire exceptional individuals with a team mindset. We believe in hard work as well as celebrating our successes together.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.
+41 58 249 46 71
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.