Internship 2020, Junior Data Analyst / Junior Data Scientist Urgent hiring
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support
Personal & Corporate Banking
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you interested in information and looking at new ways of using it to solve problems? Do you have strong analytical skills and a passion for understanding the “why” and “how” as much as the “what”? Are you an eager coder with a special interest in effective visualizations?
We are looking for someone to enhance our data analytics & reporting team within Business Risk Management UBS Switzerland (BRM UBS CH). You will work in close collaboration with the Business Risk Organization covering various client needs from the wealthiest individuals to corporate and retail clients.
Among other exciting tasks you will help us with:
- extracting, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data, including detailed specification and knowledge documentation
- supporting the development of dynamic risk dashboards during the full cycle from data extraction to end-user publication
- implementing measures to ensure data quality, need-to-know principles and optimized data access for large data sets
- actively collaborating with other teams and Subject Matter Experts to identify relevant data sources, help develop value-add assessments and properly measure level of risk
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
BRM UBS CH strengthens the 1st line of defense and the bank’s operational risk management by assuring, consulting and supporting the client facing units and a variety of stakeholders in UBS Switzerland. We assure business risks are identified and made transparent, mitigating actions are proposed and taken, evidence-based assessments enable informed risk decisions.
We consult and prevent risks to materialize. We provide support and education related to operational risk matters, methodology and behavior.
The Data Analytics, Solutions and Reporting Team is part of BRM UBS CH and responsible for analysis, data sourcing, operations and further development of BRM applications. Diverse business stakeholders and teams of Subject Matter Experts of different risk taxonomies are supported by the team with transparency or deep dive analysis on the implemented controls.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree in a data management/analytical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Finance or IT) or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
- a good command of SQL and R (ideally with previous experience in R-Shiny)
- a good command of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- experience in Python, HTML, CSS, Tableau or other data analytic tools is an asset
- knowledge of graphs and network theory is an asset
- previous internship related to the above mentioned responsibilities is an asset
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- good communication and presentation skills
- fluent in English, spoken and written, and have preferably a good understanding of German (any other major language is a plus)
- an analytic thinker who enjoys unveiling and reasoning about dependencies in complex datasets
- pragmatic, proactive and detail-oriented
- able to interact well with all levels of employees within a global organization
- willing to work in an international business environment
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: As soon as possible
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2020, Junior Data Analyst / Junior Data Scientist||UBS Job Board for Graduates|