Internship 2021, Cyber Detection Machine Learning
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support, Information Technology (IT)
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you fascinated by leveraging the latest artificial intelligence methodologies & technologies as well as statistical approaches?
Are you innovative, analytical and deeply motivated by the fascinating and bound to grow world of cyber security?
Are you willing to play an active role within our worldwide UBS Cyber Defence environment?
We are looking for such a person to:
- develop and enhance advanced cyber detection models based on state -of-the art artificial intelligence as well as statistical techniques
- contribute to detecting potentially malicious activities within the UBS IT infrastructure as well as technically complex cyber-attacks in early phases of attack lifecycle
- use the latest big data technologies for models to evolve on our daily growing multi-terabytes cyber data lake
- apply the latest software engineering techniques to reach full model automation and integration within our 24/7 fully robotized Security Analytics platform (SECA)
- collaborate within the broader Advanced Analytics team to apply artificial intelligence techniques to in-house available vendor technologies
- work on artificial data synthesis to support artificial intelligence models as well as our model testing framework.
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You will be working in the Artificial Intelligence unit of the Advanced Analytics team and be based within the mission control center in Zurich. The Advanced Analytics team, part of the Chief Information Security Office, strives to detect malicious activities within the UBS IT infrastructure as well as technically complex cyber-attacks in early phases of attack lifecycle. It is a young and empowered team always seeking excellence and continuous improvement.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- demonstratable knowledge and experience in developing machine learning models. Ideally part of this experience would be in the field of security.
- working towards a degree in a quantitative, scientific or technological area (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence,…)
- strong programming skills in Python, practical experience with at least one of its mainstream deep learning frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch) and ideally with an ecosystem around managing the Artificial Intelligence model lifecycle (MLflow, hyperopt, etc.)
- practical knowledge of techniques & methodologies used in advanced analytics: Statistics, deep learning (Neural Networks architecture research and hyper-parameters tuning),…
- information security know-how and ideally practical experience
- experience with data engineering and also preferably with big data technologies (Spark, etc.)
strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills when dealing with complex issues and the ability to take personal ownership and drive remediation.
In particular you are:
- a team player who is always professional while also having the human touch
- capable of understanding needs of stakeholders and of converting requests into products and services
- fluent in English with the ability to describe complex concepts and technologies with simple explanations.
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: August 2021
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Cyber Detection Machine Learning||UBS Job Board for Graduates|