Quantitative Risk Consultant/Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory – Zurich
At Deloitte, you can make an impact
We believe that we’re only as good as our people.
Together, we’re building an inclusive, open, and high-performance culture where you can truly be yourself and where your contributions are celebrated. We encourage you to be bold, think big, and challenge the status quo. So when you ask yourself, “What’s different about Deloitte?” The answer resides in the many specific examples of where we have helped our clients, our people, and society to achieve remarkable goals, solve complex problems, and make meaningful progress.
That’s what makes us truly different at Deloitte. Not how big we are, where we reside, or what services we offer. What really defines us is our purpose to make an impact that matters in the world.
What impact will you make?
Deloitte Financial Risk Management Advisory - Advanced Analytics
The financial institutions today are under significant pressure to reinvent themselves for the digitally driven future forcing them to re-examine the cost, efficiency, sustainability and transparency of their risk management functions while meeting requirements set by government regulations and industry dynamics. Beyond ensuring regulatory compliance, data and IT systems have grown in importance, given the potential of new technologies to improve both efficiency and effectiveness of risk management and of other processes in the financial sector.
Banks are emerging as more future oriented and advanced data analytics can help financial institutions be on the forefront of innovation. More and more organizations are embarking on strategic transformation programmes to tie their risk analytics more effectively into their overall systems design and to create synergies between analytics and wider business requirements.
The services offered by our team combine advanced tools and techniques with expertise in risk analytics and deep understanding of our clients’ business context to help them develop better quantitative models and automated solutions, fine-tune their strategies, and transform their culture and processes along model lifecycle. Our team consists of close to 20 quants from many different countries, and is considered to be leading within our European network in terms of experience and capabilities. We all have a strong academic background including physics, mathematics, engineering, and economics, and are a closely knit team working together across seniority levels. What sets us apart is that we share knowledge throughout the whole team, whereby juniors are inspired to innovative and creative thinking while benefiting from the significant industry experience of the more senior members of the team.
What you can expect to do
- Design and implement new models and innovative solutions in risk and other domains
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting and optimization methods to improve the quality of risk management functions
- Work on a wide range of quantitative topics
- Grow your knowledge of products and services offered by banks
- Be exposed to senior clients within Risk, Treasury and Front Office
- Build a strong foundation for a career in financial services.
- Strong academic background in a quantitative discipline (MSc or PhD).
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language or framework for data science, e.g. Python (including NumPy, Pandas, SciPy), R, Apache Spark or Scala.
- Demonstrated ability in mining data with query languages, conducting statistical analysis, and coding using open source packages.
- Experience with professional software development in a general-purpose programming language (Java, C/C++, Python) is a big plus.
- Familiarity with cloud computing (e.g. MS Azure, AWS, GCP), analytics of unstructured data or data visualization tools is a plus
- Strong interest applying technology in solving business problems
- Good communication skills, incl. in writing
- Proficiency in English, German is a plus
- Prior experience in the Financial Services industry (particularly Risk) is a plus
How you will grow:
At Deloitte, you can drive your career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll be able to participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives and make an impact not only with our clients, but with your peers and society at large. You will also find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Your development is important to us and to the firm, so you’ll have the opportunity to grow through every step of your journey at Deloitte.
Deloitte is a leading global consulting and accounting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Consulting, Risk Advisory, Audit & Assurance, Financial Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.